When encountering a Pokémon, you can straight away identify by the tiny ring surrounding it whether it is spawned in the wild or attracted by items.
- White ring – Wild Pokémon spawned naturally.
- Pinkish to purple ring – Pokémon spawned by a lure module.
- Pink cloud – Pokémon spawned by incense (this could only be seen by you).
- Pokémon will be stationary when spawned.
- Everyone in the vicinity can see the same Pokémon and catching it doesn’t despawn for others.
- Wild Pokémon has a 15 minutes despawn time.
- Wild Pokémon seems to spawn at the same spawning point, and it is rumored that the same spot will spawn a new Pokémon every hour at the same minute.
- If there are abnormally high amount of rare Pokémon of the same type spawning in an area, it is called a nest. Not those common Pokémon like rattata and pidgey which could be found anywhere.
Lure Module and Incense
- Lure module and incense spawns a new Pokémon roughly every 5 minutes, giving 6 Pokémon for its 30 minutes timespan.
- Incense will increase the spawn rate of 1 Pokémon a minute every 200 meters traveled when moving.
- Pokémon spawned by incense can only be seen by you.
- The effect of lure module benefits everyone nearby.
- These Pokémon despawns in 2.5 minutes.
- Wild Pokémon has a predetermined spawning point and does not spawn at random spots. It is rumored that Pokémon will respawn every hour on the same minute at those spawning spots.
- There are rumors that the more Pokémon captured from a spawning spot, the more often that it will respawn, up to 15 minutes once.
- Spawned Pokémon does not move and will be stationary.
- Wild Pokémon will despawn after 15 minutes. Pokémon from lure module and incense will despawn after 2.5 minutes.
- If two trainers encounter the same Pokémon, the CP might be different but the IV, weight, and height will remain the same.
- Two trainers of the same level will encounter Pokémon that will have the exact same CP.
- Captured Pokémon max at level 30 and will be upgradable till level 40.